Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Something Blue {For Feet}

I'm a sucker for the tradition in the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." Why not bring it into this century with a fun twist? One of my favorite ways is to bring the blue...to your FEET! Did you know that the blue is meant to be a symbol of love, modesty and fidelity? Since the vast majority of people wear long dresses, using blue here won't interfere with your wedding colors or the pure ivory and white floatiness you are going for in your look. Here are my top three ways to do it...there's something here for every style of bride!


1) Blue Toenail Polish. Never mind the fact that I am actually sporting some blue toenails as I write this blog, but I just love the idea of a little irreverence on the wedding day. It's just a touch of cheek...and with all the gorgeous shades out there you can go subtle or pop, whatever suits YOU!


2. Blue TOMS Shoes. I just got my first pair of these guys. They could be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn...and they have an entire "wedding styles" section, so clearly I am not the only devotee of the line!



3. Designer Trifecta. To me, the following three designers fall into this category. Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik. Here is an amazing example of a pair of Louboutin's I had the honor of working with. Aren't they to die for?

Photo by Paul Joseph Brown

How will you bring your SOMETHING BLUE into your big day??

No comments: